Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bed and Breakfast

I feel so behind on blogging. So many things happen that I don't get a chance to record, and being the perfectionist that I am, that irritates me immensely. But, I have thought of a theme that encompasses a few events, so I will go with that. In May, we had an Icelander, Siggy, visit with us during his stay in the states. Siggy is very intelligent, articulate, and asks tons of questions. I love having him around because I usually have similar questions, but I get made fun of for asking them. It's also very funny to listen to Colby talk to Siggy (or any Icelander for that matter) because he doesn't use any contractions when he speaks. When Siggy was here, we had the chance to go to The Screwtape Letters in D.C. with a group of young adults and youth (Thank you, Pelts, for watching our kids). Our next house guest was Colby's sister, Brooke who stayed with us so she could run the Half marathon in Fredericksburg. Brooke helped Colby make a cookie-ice cream cake which was a highlight of my birthday. Two days later, Colby's childhood friend, Josh Dickinson stayed with us so that he could attend the WhiteBoard Sessions on Thursday. When Josh first sat down next to Darcy at dinner, she was ballistic, but an hour later, he had won her heart and they were playing together. I hadn't seen Josh in years, but he made me feel like it was just yesterday that we were in college together. The day after he left, my college roommate, Tracy Hoare-Wu came to visit for the weekend. Tracy and I are able to connect and have heart-to-heart talks no matter how long its been since we've seen each other. She encouraged me to pursue my dream and write a book. Our next guest is my brother, Andrew, who I have not seen in almost two years. Haley Jane has enjoyed sleeping on our floor this month in her butterfly sleeping bag.

No comments: