There are 33,800,000 matches for the phrase I haven't blogged in a long time on google. It was hilarious to read link after link of people's excuses for why they have not been a dutiful blogger. I'll refrain from using the worn-out phrase to state the obvious so that I too do not become a google statistic.
I am a discouraged blogger for many reasons:
1. So many things happen that I want so desperately to creatively capture, archive, and share. I feel farther and farther behind as more and more days go by, each with stories and lessons to write about. I fall into the trap of ALL OR NOTHING, and am paralyzed by the mediocrity.
2.I used to be at home with a computer all to myself. I now have to share the computer with Colby who has legitimate work to do on it all day.
3. I am a perfectionist when it comes to writing my thoughts. It takes time, energy, and creativity that has been low in supply but high in demand lately.
4. Does anyone still read blogs anymore? Maybe this is just a passing fad and there isn't much interest anymore. For example, there seems to be a blog-like feature on facebook and I wonder if that is a better way to keep in touch?
5. Right now, in our apartment, everyone is telling me how I need to blog because it's been so long, but when I sit down to do it, there is too much noise to concentrate! (Yes, I am high-maintenance. I need time, energy, silence, and a full tummy to be at peak blogging performance).
6. I wish I got paid to blog. I've only ever heard rumors about this, but don't know where to begin to look or even if I should.
I know that having a blog in our situation is good for keeping in touch with friends and family, so we will keep trying! Still no word on the VISAs, but my parents are here from WI and we are having fun in the meantime.