Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Love a Good Surprise!


I had a most wonderful experience tonight. I have two people to thank for it. First I thank the incomparable Clinty Clint Clifton for inspiring me to create an Amazon Wish List and add the button to my blog. Second, I have to thank Kevin Dowker for being the first person to use my wish list as an opportunity to shower me with the love of Christ during this fine holiday season. 
As the mail came I saw that there was an Amazon box with my name on it. I had forgotten that I even had a wish list and quickly began to wonder what I had ordered and could not remember. I had never really given thought to the idea that the wish list would actually get used, until my sister said, "Well I remember that I saw an Amazon Wish List on your blog." In a moment I was filled with rapturous joy to the extent that my sister began to wish she had been responsible for this great moment, but alas she was not. Kevin, I wish you could have been a fly on the wall to see the excitement a simple Christmas gesture can bring. Thank You and Merry Christmas.



No comments: