Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Time is Near!

I just got off the phone with a representative at the Immigration Office. I was told that a decision letter would be sent out by the end of this week or on Monday! The representative said she could tell me nothing else, like what the decision would be, but she did know that it was happening very shortly. Please pray for the workers at immigration to have favor on us and open the way for the big move. Our friend who will receive the letter for us in Iceland should have it by early next week. I am filled with the excitement and nervousness you get when very big things in your life are beyond your control, you know they are about to be unveiled, and you can only wait. 
I know that some of you are thinking, "What is so exciting about this, I thought it was given that you would get residence permits and visas?" The answer is that although we have no reason to think we would be denied, one can never be sure. The longer you wait the more nervous that you get and so much rides on this one thing. So please pray with us these next few days as we await the decision.

3 comments:

cosas del mar said...

I am praying that everything proceeds without a hitch!!! Miss you guys.

beckers said...

tis exciting!

David Fauth said...

Colby and Annie,

We are praying for you. I'm writing a blog about this as it relates to the advent season and waiting for the coming Savior.