Many Icelandic words are like a riddle to figure out. Anyone interested in seeing how many Icelandic words they know? Now, there is no cheating, Icelanders are not allowed to play, and there will be a small prize for the winner (if they come to visit us here in Iceland).
What is a...
1) ljosmydin --(Ljos: light, myndin: picture)
2) bifvélavirki-- (bif: moving, vela: machine, virki: maker)
3) auglýsinger -- (Aug: eye, lýsinger: to light up)
4) jarðýtan-- (Jarð: earth, ýtan: pusher)
5) opið solar hringurinn-- (opið:open , solar hringurinn: sun ring)
6) ljósapera-- (ljós:light, pera:pear)
7) ristað brauð-- (ristað: roast, brauð:bread).
8) Gummivinnustofan-- (Gummi: rubber, vinnu:work ,stofan:room)
9) ávöxturinn-- (tree growth)
10) Takk fyrir matinn! --(This is a freebie!)