Thursday, March 6, 2008

Little Miss Thrifty


Anyone that knows Annie knows that she is always strategizing to save a buck. For the most part I appreciate it about her, until it really becomes a bit over the edge. A few nights back I had put little Darcy to bed and Annie was still upstairs getting Haley Jane ready when chaos broke out in the upstairs bathroom. It was not just Haley whining, but really screaming in a rather disturbed manner. The only thing I could hear her make out was, "It's too spicy, I don't like it!"

Then, Annie firmly instructed her that she better get used to it because if we go to Iceland this is all were going to have. The mystery finally got to me and I had to find out what was causing the commotion. Turns out that Annie was brushing Haley's teeth with Baking Soda. Not baking soda toothpaste, not toothpaste with baking soda on it, but plain old Great Value Baking Soda powder. I could not believe two things about what had just happened.

1. That Annie was trying to brush Haley's teeth with Baking Soda.
2. That Annie thought that we would have to switch from toothpaste to Baking Soda to save two dollars a month in Iceland!

So last night Haley came down the steps right before bed and said to us as we were sitting on the sofa, "I don't want to go to Iceland anymore!" Annie looked at me with a bewildered and searching look, and then it hit me. She still thinks she's going to have to brush her teeth every night with Baking Soda

1 comment:

Dagný said...

oh my goodness... that's funny!!
you can always go to bonus, kronan or europris and find cheap toothpaste! hahaha :)