Thursday, July 1, 2010

In Memory of Manute Bol


When I was a kid, Manute Bol was a spectacle of the NBA. In the eyes of a young boy, he was something akin to a traveling circus attraction and I remember watching him on TV in wonder. When I heard that he died last week I saw a few articles about his humanitarian work in his native Sudan and was impressed. Then I saw this article from The Wall Street Journal and thought it would be good to pass along. It may be possible to describe my life in two stages: The first stage in which sport stars were the pinnacle of what I looked up to and the second where Jesus became my greatest treasure. I probably would not have selected Manute Bol for my basketball dream team, but from all that I have learned about him since his death, it sounds like he succeeded in the things that mattered most. You can read the article here.

1 comment:

katies st.clair said...

cool article.