Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Out of the Mouths of Babes"--A continuing series

December 2007
Darcy: age 1.5 
Haley: age 3 

Darcy: (babbling away at the breakfast table), "Di, Di, Di, DI."

Haley:  (casually, as she is eating her cheerios):  "Mommy, Darcy says she wants you to die."

Me:  "I don't think that's quite what she means, honey." 

*******************************
Haley trounces in the bathroom where I am getting ready, carrying purses that are stuffed full of toys and wearing a big back pack.  
Haley:  "Bye, Mom!  I'm going to heaven now.  See you later!"
Darcy: "BYE!" (follows her sister, waddling her pampered butt behind with her two purses).   

*********************************
December 2007
Haley:  age 3

Haley and Darcy came back from Pennsylvania today where Grammy and Papa watched them for a week.  Haley returned with a big scratch near her eye that was apparently the result of a collision with a table.  Tonight at church, Miss Gayle asked what happened to her eye and Haley nonchalantly replied, "Oh, I don't know....I think someone beat me up."

No comments: