Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dirty Darcy and Hygienic Haley



I cannot believe these two children are both mine. Their opposite reactions to the playground perfectly display the different extremes of their personalities. Darcy's reaction is quite obvious based on the picture. Haley has actually gotten quite a bit better. Last year at this time, she refused to step foot on the playgroup in fear that the sand and dirt would corrupt her feet. This week Darcy broke her in and she stooped down to touch the dirt that so mesmerized her sister. Immediately, however, she came over and asked me to clean her hands. The funniest part of the day was when Haley, frolicking in the grass near the playground, found a flower and presented it to Darcy. Darcy held it to her nose, gave a dramatic "ooooo,"....and then ate it.

3 comments:

Dagný said...

haha! I love your kids!!
These two girls are so black and white but they're both so great in their own unique way!
I really hope you guys come to Iceland ... it would be great!!

MelissaSnider said...

I love your kids too. Which are you more like..Darcy or Haley? I think I am a Haley.

Annie B. said...

dagny, we're going to our final interview next week! we'll let you know!